Criminal Defense & Personal Injury Lawyer
Stan Wruble was inspired to become a lawyer after reading To Kill a Mockingbird at a young age. Like Atticus Finch, he fights for people during the most difficult times of their lives. Stan has been fighting for those clients with toughness, tenacity and compassion since 1997. He has represented clients charged across the spectrum of alleged crimes – misdemeanor through murder – in both state and federal courts. He has tried more than 60 cases to jury verdict.
“I am beyond thankful that Stan was at my initial court hearing and offered me his help. He helped me get out of a stressful situation that I didn’t belong in, and he was very attentive and kind. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone in need of a good attorney.”
– Avvo Review
Stan has achieved trial victories in Chicago, Indiana, and Michigan. After a major trial victory in Chicago, he was asked by world-renowned law professor Steve Lubet to teach Trial Advocacy at Northwestern University Law School. In addition to his robust criminal defense practice, Stan taught aspiring attorneys how to try cases for 7 years. Stan also taught for 5 years at his alma mater, Notre Dame Law School, teaching both trial advocacy and advanced criminal law.
Stan was an athlete and musician and then attended Valparaiso University on an academic and athletic scholarship. He was the first person from his family to graduate from college in 1994, magna cum laude. He was awarded the prestigious Matson Fellowship and then graduated from Notre Dame Law School in 1997, with honors. While in law school, Stan worked in the Moot Court. As a law student, he was also successful in convincing the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn a criminal conviction.
Stan is not just a law robot. He enjoys time with family, hiking mountain biking, cooking, running, yoga, travel and his vinyl music collection.
Cases Attorney Wruble Handles
In his criminal practice, he represents clients charged across the spectrum of criminal conduct – misdemeanor through murder – in both state and federal courts. He also maintains a civil litigation practice in state and federal court, believing that a diverse practice makes a better trial lawyer.
In his free time he enjoys spending time with his daughter, traveling, running, reading, and mountain biking.
- Valparaiso University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1994)
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., with honors, 1997)
- Indiana Supreme Court (1997)
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana (1997)
- Michigan Supreme Court (1998)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan (1998)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois (2001)
- Illinois Supreme Court (2003)
- United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals (2007)
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
- St. Joseph County Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Teaching, Involvement and Honors
- Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor
- University of Notre Dame, Professor of Criminal (2010-2015)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor Northwestern University School of Law, Introduction to Trial Advocacy (2005-2010, 2018-present)
- Instructor, IUSB Paralegal Program (2008 – present)
- Board of Directors, Dismas House South Bend
- Michiana Forty Under 40, Class of 2010
- Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka, Class of 2010
- Young Professionals Against Poverty, Volunteer
- Center for the Homeless, Volunteer
- Business Honor Roll member, 88.1 WVPE
- Rotary, 2013-present
- South Bend Community School Corporation Board of Trustees, District 2, 2013-2018
- Robert A. Grant, Inn of Court
Get in touch with Attorney Wruble today by filling out our online contact form.